Sunday 15 November 2015

Sanity Space - Advent Tree - PART 3




 Welcome to week 3 of the advent tree bauble hunt! If you are new to the  blog then you may want to go check out week one and week two first to see what we are up to!   Then come back and  and join me here for  the next  6 scriptures and ornaments.....





Day 14. Lord of Lords/ King of Kings 

These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of Lord, and King of kings: and they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful. (Revelation 17:14)

Ornament: CROWN


 I know that this one says "prince" but it was the closest thing that I could find to symbolizing a king...pretty close though don't you think?

Day 15. Deliverer


And the saints rejoiced in their redemption, and bowed the knee and acknowledged the Son of God as their Redeemer and Deliverer from death and the chains of hell. Their countenances shone, and the radiance from the presence of the Lord rested upon them, and they sang praises unto his holy name. (D&C 138:23 - 24) 
Ornament: FedEx PACKET
 
 I struggled with something that symbolized "Deliverer" but then though of this little empty box that I already had.  I tied a ribbon around  it and attached a home made gift tag.... after googling what the  FedEx colours were!  


Day 16. Emmanuel 



Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us. (Matthew 1:23) 

Ornament: JOY NATIVITY 


Day 17 Holy One Of Israel 


And now, my beloved brethren, I would that ye should come unto Christ, who is the Holy one of Israel , and partake of his salvation, and the power of his redemption. Yea, come unto him, and offer your whole souls as an offering unto him, and continue in fasting and praying, and endure to the end; and as the Lord liveth ye will be saved. (Omni 1:26) 

Ornament: GLASS BAUBLE with PAPER HOLE PUNCH REMNANTS  

  A little lateral thinking on this one was used! I just filled a glass bauble with some of the paper holes that the hole punch cuts out!


Day 18 True Vine




I AM the True vine, and my Father is the husbandman. Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit. Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you. Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.
I am the vine, ye
are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing. (John 15:1 - 5) 


Ornament: BUNCH OF RED GRAPES


Day 19 Chief Cornerstone




Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellow citizens with the saints, and of the household of God; And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone; (Ephesians 2:19 - 20) 

Ornament: WHITE STONE 
 

This was a pretty simple yet effective ornament to make. I went on a walk looking for a stone and found this one. I then tied a lovely silky bow around it so that it would hang nicely from a branch.

My favourite ornament from this weeks post is probably the little white stone above, signifying  Christ as the Chief Cornerstone. I like its simplicity  and colour...... and that it has no blemishes or marks upon it.... emphasizing Christs purity and perfection. It reminds me to put put my trust in Christ who provides me with a firm foundation on which to build and brings to mind the scripture in Acts 4:12 which states that "there is no other name given among men whereby we can be saved".  "It is upon the rock of our redeemer who is Chirst, The Son of God , that we must build our foundation... which is a sure foundation whereon if (we/man) build, (we/they) cannot fail" (Helaman 5:12). Isn't that such an amazing promise?  

Time is ticking away and with so much to do on the run up to Christmas, the days are going FAST.  I am not looking forward to all the hustle and bustle that comes along with the time of year but I AM  really looking forward to getting our advent tree out once again and each day re-reading the scriptures and being able to hang each ornament on a branch. I have found that it is a great time to reflect and be reminded of the many roles and characteristics that Christ has, and to be grateful for Him.... the whole "reason for the season". 

 I invite you to join me next week for the fourth and final Advent tree post and find out what the next 6 ornaments are going to be.
Hope to see you then.... and in the mean time be creative and happy hunting!

Jx 

You can find week 4 here

2 comments:

  1. I love your tree and was anxious to see how each ornament would weave into the Advent tree. Beautifully done my child. Thank you for sharing with us here at Tell me a Story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a treasure to be kept as a keepsake for years to come. I love all the messages you created here.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...